Better than PJTX300, any suggestions ?

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Having decided to buy the Hitachi Pj300 I have just found out that my budget has just increased by a grand, can any of you guys recommend a better projector at around the 2k price range and point me in the direction of some reviews ................... or should I stick with the Hitachi and go on a nice holiday . Want it for hi def gaming and movies.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Ok, which panny, how much and where can I see a review.

jamieuk23

Banned
Just buy this mate http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-HIG...ryZ22610QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It ranked in the top 2 of the best 1080p projectors on the market. Hi fi magazine which you can buy in WH smiths ranked it at the number 1 projector on the market.

I have one as well as 100`s off other people on here. It really is a amazing projector !! Best tip I can give you mate is to just buy it !!

they retail at £3500 every were in the UK. the version on ebay is European model but exactly the same, comes with 1 years warranty. but as you can see from the price its a total bargain !!

If you can afford it then its a no brainer !! Its the only upgrade you will need for life unless you like to upgrade every few years.

by the way you will get a much better picture than the PJ you planned to buy which is only 720p and the blacks on that PJ wouldn't be any were nere as good as this one.

Last super tip from self !! make sure you buy your self a HD DVD player or a PS3 for blue-ray its whats these PJ`s were made for reallly

Best of luck !

W0LFIE

I got my PJTX300 end of last year for HD films & games.
I told the staff at Richer Sounds that I intended to buy a PS3 and possibly an Xbox 360 and they told me this projector was HD Ready and perfect for HD movies and games. So i gave them best part of £900.
Problem is I didn't research the difference between what 'HD Ready' meant and how that doesn't necessarily mean Full HD. I honestly don't think the staff at Richer Sounds knew either.
Now the PS3 is out I'm a bit miffed as I've now only got a 720p projector.

I don't know if there's much picture difference between a 720 & 1080 when displaying from a projector onto a 'big screen'. Maybe someone has tested this? - feedback?)
If there is a difference then I reccomend you spend the extra on a Full HD projector.
If 720p not a problem then the TX300 is great in every other respect.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
The panny is quite a recent product, do you think it might be worth a wait of a couple of months till the price comes down a bit. Cheers for the Ebay tip but I really have a problem spending 2k over the net with no comeback idf there is a problem.......... tempting though !!!!!

avnutter

The panny is quite a recent product, do you think it might be worth a wait of a couple of months till the price comes down a bit. Cheers for the Ebay tip but I really have a problem spending 2k over the net with no comeback idf there is a problem.......... tempting though !!!!!

in that case you should go and collect it. might be even cheaper.:thumbsup:

jamieuk23

Banned

The guy has a shop on the high street mate and is a proper business. It was good a nuff for loads of Av forum members on here and its safe as can be.

its about £1500 cheaper than the UK retail sites I think it will be years till you see them around that price.

you would be daft to turn it down mate if you have a budget around £2000. Its your money thou so do what you think is best.

If you are asking for the best projector in your current budget then you have to buy that PJ.

If you want a lessor machine with more warranty etc then buy the Pj you mentioned in the first place

BISHI

Distinguished Member
After a bit of research I reckon you guys maybe right, thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated. Anyone owning this Panny I would be grateful for some user reviews.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Have just read that most 360 games are produced to play at 720p so will that automatically negate the need for a 1080p projector ? ( HD movies aside ).

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom