Better than Onkyo R-N855? Marantz M-CR612

dedero

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey There!

Since a while I have an Onkyo R-N855 which I'm very happy with.. I don't understand why is not that popular keeping in mind the price/features performance.. but now I would like to move a bit forward to the future so I'm planning to make an upgrade soon.. but I'm lacking of options here.. my wishes are:

• Screen to show information, metadata and/or song playing
  • Ideally it should have BluOS but as far as I know the only possibility of having a screen is a NAD C700 which is way out of my budget
  • Budget: around 700eur, if you guys suggest a great device that I'm overlooking closer to 1000eur I will consider it too

Purpose of the new system: just stereo listening with internet radio and connection to NAS (DLNA or SMB)

My ideal scenario would be a Bluesound node + compact stereo power amplifier (max 100w) to connect to my actual Dali Oberon 3's but the 100% dependency of smartphone in the Bluesound node it's taking me back a bit from that configuration..

So far the only most balanced option I found is a Marantz M-CR612 but even though it doesn't have BluOS, it has HEOS which a bit better than the Onkyo's software but not sure how much I will sacrifice sound quality moving from the Onkyo to the Marantz..

Any hint is welcome!

Cheers

I don’t know how large the listing room is, the sitting position. But there is no reason to have 100 watts. Oberon 3 is easy to drive.

There are many alternatives. Cambridge amplifiers around 600 euro. I believe it has receiver build in. AXR 100 I believe it is called.

Me personally would get an old fashioned amplifier with separate streamer.

Speaking of streamers there is new “Chromcast” on the marked. Wiimi it is called, but I am not certain if it supports all the features you need.

With this (Wiimi) then Denon PMA 800 NE is great choice. Or the Node streamer with the Denon.

Or just get the power Node from bluesound. The app is easy to use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom