Better than a 575

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ayrshiredude, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading a WHCC from a couple of months ago and was reading the review of the Pioneer DV 575. It gave it a pretty good review and thought it was great value for money with the ability to play SACD and A-DVD. It also said that there were other machines that had better picture quality for a similar price.

As I have no real interest in SACD or A-DVD,does anyone know which players for around £150ish would offer better picture quality. AT the moment I have a Pioneer DV-550 which I bought a year and a half or so ago. I like the player but it only has RGB through scart. Can I reasonably improve the picture quality over this by paying around about £150 for a player with Component/Progressive scan output?

Thanks

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I don't think that you would see much, if any difference at that price point. The output of most mainstream DVD players is now so good that you really need to make a big step up in price to see a significant improvement on anything except a large screen e.g. plasma or projector. A lot is made of Component/prog but for PAL (UK R2) DVD's, the benefits are minimal with crt/small plasma/lcd. It just depends on what you have. :)