1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better second time!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by spocktra, Mar 16, 2005.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I watched Lost in translation soon after its dvd release and have to say it washed over me without sinking in.With all the hype surrounding this film i thought it best to give it a second chance.So glad i did.Brilliant piece of filmaking with bill murray in excellent form.I actually laughed out loud at one bit and for me that is a rarity.Anyone like me ,who didnt connect on first viewing, i urge you to give it another try.

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, although I loved it first time as well.
    I was surprised as I don't really like Bill Murray films, but got dragged to see it by the wife, and bought the dvd as soon as it came out.
    Brilliant film. Who would have thought Sofia Copolla would have turned that out after her appearance in the Godfather pt 3

3. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm willing to give this one another chance. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about on it's original release, way to much hype. But unless I downright hate a film i'll always try to give em a second chance. I thought Bourne Identity was totally average at the cinema, bought it on DVD for £4.99, now I love it :smashin:

Films to give a second chance:
    21 Grams
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Infernal Affairs
    Zatoichi
    Maybe House of Flying Daggers (dunno really didn't enjoy this though :confused: )

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    It seems people really are split into two camps over this one. I really enjoyed it and whilst I don’t want to go into the argument about whether it is better than Hero or not I certainly thought it stood its own. :)

5. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Zatouchi, and also HOFD first time.
    21 grams was also brilliant, and I really need to watch that one again.