• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Better scart; worse picture...?

Will73

Standard Member
I've recently bought a sony 32"KDL D3000. The theory goes that LCD tvs show up SD material to be the poor quality that it is. Does this mean that upgrading my current cheapo scart lead (connecting Humax pvr and TV) to a better one will result in a poorer picture or a better one?!

Any quick replies appreciated as I'm about to go out to buy an HDMI lead and was going to get a new scart too.

njp

Prominent Member
Unless there is something actually wrong with your current SCART, you will not see any difference (though if you pay enough, you might think that you do...)

But make sure you are using RGB rather than composite (SCART carries both, and you may need to select the appropriate input and outputs on both devices). Composite will look awful.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you can get one on Sale or Return then an 'RGB Only' or 'RGB+Stereo Only' cable may be worth investigating - Supra offer both options.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom