1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Quality XBOX RGB Cable ???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Sam V, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    HI Guys,

I have the official Xbox advanced scart pack which outputs RGB quite nicely. I am in the process of upgrading all my cabling\leads and wondered if anyone knows of a better advanced scart lead than the official MS one. In terms of giving a better picture. Must have an optical out to go to my amp though.

Thanks in advance

Sam V

2. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    Go to the IXOS site, they have just released a new range of cable about 40.00. Look good. can either get from the weba site or from a dealer.

3. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    JasonB

Cheers for the propmt answer.

Had a quick look on the IXOS site. IS it the "XPX01-200 - Xbox™ to Scart"
    Loks like what I want except it doesnt appear to have an output for an optical cable to go to my aMmp. Is this cable the one you noticed??

4. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is try monster cables. There a us company, but comet can order the cables in the UK as sole distributor. Try that one!!!!

5. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the monster XBox cable and it's top quality! Recommended

6. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    MATTDX

Thanks fot the reply. Can you give me a product number?? Does it have an optical connection on it?

Regards,

Sam V

7. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like you can add a monster optical cable to it, but not a proprietry optical cable.

Can't see how to add an optical cable to the IXOS xbox cables.

This is all just my opinion from what I see at the ixos, and monster www's so if someone that owns either of the cables can confirm...

8. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MattDx, where did you get the Monster xbox cable from, and how much did it cost you??

Also to anyone who can answer, which cable is better: the Monster cables or the IXOS cables?

9. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush: Sorry ;)

10. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sam u havent said what type of TV u have but my suggestion is don't be fooled into thinking expensive cables is going to make ur x-box picture better, fact is the results will be very marginal and may not be noticeable unless you have a tv which can resolve extremely fine detail, you should stick with the cable you have and buy a game with the money you save, unless ur tv or monitor is exceptionally good u wont notice a difference and the microsoft cable is well shielded anyways so no problem with that, think hard before spending a fortune on cabling and ask yourself if u really will notice a difference ?

11. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Actually thats pretty good advice FoxyMulder and was getting round to that conclusion myself.

I have a Sony FS76 which I suppose as far as CRT TVs go is quite good. I really like it anyway and the picture to me is pretty awesome.

I think I may take your advice and hold on and put the money towards a game. There are a few coming out soon that I am gonna be buying.

I have found no one saying how bad the official MS cable is or how good an alternative one is so I guess I may as well stick with what I got.

Thanks for your help everyone. Much appreciated!!!

SamV

12. victorrichards

victorrichards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi , i'm a bit confused i just received my hitachi plasma and now i can't plug in my rgb xbox cable as it terminates in a scart plug, and the plasma unlike my tv has no scart socket :( also the plasma has no speakers so unless i use the old av cable i'm not sure how to get a decent picture and sound using the plasma with the xbox :(

I can use av and the hifi i have however the pic is not so good for playing dvd's on the xbox using jut av . The plasma has every single connection under the sun but no good old scart sockets :(...i think i need some way to connect to the component sockets ?

will i have to buy a new dvd player or is there some kind of work around.

thanks if anyone knows the answer to this.

13. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

You can use the US HiDef A/V pack which has component outputs. You can probably pick this up from one of the X-Box cable suppliers on the web and connect directly to the component inputs on your plasma.

Plasma displays are really built for a world market where higher resolutions are more readily available. Scart sockets aren't very high quality and (generally) work only at video specs. You can buy a scart to rgbhv adapter cables in the UK but they will only provide you with interlaced quality on your plasma.

Brian

14. victorrichards

victorrichards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that , i'll get one of those adapters u mentioned that sounds like the best way to get a decent pic.

cheers