better pq from usa blu ray discs on usa ps3 console! anyone buying?

jamiev

Novice Member
hi, in recent reviews the pq on blu ray movies from usa on a usa player (24fps) have come out better than on europe/japanese consoles with europe/japanese region blu ray dvd's!

so is anyone going to buy there's from the usa then buy usa region blu ray movies purley for better pq?

ghost5

Novice Member
dont know about the picture quality but i will be buying an american console so i can get cheaper blu ray disks imported, as long as games stay region free.

gonna wait till the console is released over here though as there will be more available and hopefully a bit cheaper

D

Deleted member 92943

So are the games confirmed as region Free? I that will ALL of them or just certain ones.

I'm off to the US next month and i am tempted to pick up a PS3 which even after getting taxed at customs will be £100 cheaper than the UK when it launches

marcstang

AFAIK, region locking is left up to the developers. I presume it'll work similar to the 360 where people like UBIsoft leave their games region free whilst developers like EA and capcom lock them.

radionx

hi, in recent reviews the pq on blu ray movies from usa on a usa player (24fps) have come out better than on europe/japanese consoles with europe/japanese region blu ray dvd's!

so is anyone going to buy there's from the usa then buy usa region blu ray movies purley for better pq?
Can you provide the link mate :lease:

jamiev

Novice Member

jamiev

Novice Member
dont know about the picture quality but i will be buying an american console so i can get cheaper blu ray disks imported, as long as games stay region free.

gonna wait till the console is released over here though as there will be more available and hopefully a bit cheaper
yeh, me 2 i think. how can you get the cheaper disc's imported?

AML

i find this a bit hard to swallow considering that all the machines are exactly the same spec wise.
I suppose there could be a difference in disk quality (depending on who is doing the transfer) but not in the players. All ps3's are the same.:confused:

supermackem

Arnt the only ps3 out on the market sharing region anyway. Both are A as far as im aware and both machines are the same.

jamiev

Novice Member
i find this a bit hard to swallow considering that all the machines are exactly the same spec wise.
I suppose there could be a difference in disk quality (depending on who is doing the transfer) but not in the players. All ps3's are the same.:confused:
thats a good question?
anyone clarify??:lease:

jamiev

Novice Member
ps: so if i bought a uk player and played american blu ray discs i would get the same pq??:rolleyes:

Boogie Badman

I thought the article was saying the PS3 provides better picture quality than the standalone BD players from Panasonic and Samsung.

jamiev

Novice Member
no, i think it was saying pq was better on usa ps3 with usa blu ray discs than european console on european blu ray discs.

again can anyone clarify here?

will a uk machine play usa discs and have same pq as a usa machine?

supermackem

Well nobody knows as there isnt a uk ps3 to test, however uk is a different region to us/jpn br wise so i doubt alot of region a movies will even play.

edtremaine

Novice Member
Yeah, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The consoles are entirely the same but for region locking on PS1&2 titles between the US and JPN regions. Not that HD is affected by this but they are also both from NTSC regions and have the same power input, so why would there be any difference at all?

How can it be better than the European console? Has this reviewer been sleeping with Kutaragi San and got the first ever playtest of the 'PAL' hardware?