Better Picture

don-tucker

Standard Member
Right then,I have a really nice picture using the DVD recorder with Freeview connected via component,but not so good with the NTL box via JS box to VGA input,the only reason I use NTL is if I want to record something on a differant channel.All I need is a freeview with component out,I think???then buy an input box and leads for the plasma.Any thoughts on this please.
Don

Richard46

don-tucker

Standard Member
Thanks Richard,I couldn't get the link to work,but the component converter might be worth a look.
Don

Richard46

don-tucker

Standard Member
Thanks again Richard,it must be a quirk with my pc,those Topfield's are pricey,it went through my mind to buy another Panni DVD recorder with freeview from Ebay.
Don

don-tucker

Standard Member
Well is it stupid to get another Panasonic DVD recorder with freeview or not,surely I would get the same quality picture,and be able to watch one side and record on another,they go for about £100.
What do you think.
Don

Richard46

Well is it stupid to get another Panasonic DVD recorder with freeview or not,surely I would get the same quality picture,and be able to watch one side and record on another,they go for about £100.
What do you think.
Don

Don sorry I dont have any use for DVD recorders myself; being used to the ease of HDD recording one would be too much effort for me so I cannot imajine getting two to work. So cannot usefully comment. Hopefully someone else will give advice or perhaps ask on the DVD recorder forum.

Good Luck Richard

don-tucker

Standard Member
Out of interest,I took out the NTL box and connected in a cheap freeview fron Woolies that I had bought for my camper van,the picture is as good as I am getting from the Panni DVD recorder so I am well happy.So I conclude that the NTL box is rubbish,what do you think boys.
Don

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom