Better Netflix Picture/Sound Quality On Higher Quality Devices

Levi-501

Standard Member
Apologies if I am a bit late to the party on this; This week I used my DP-UB9000 Blu-ray player to watch movies on Netflix, whereas normally I watch movies through Sky Q.

While Sky Q offers 4K movies etc. I noticed that with the UB9000 there were high grade options such as DTS, Atmos etc.

There were definite improvements in both picture definition and improved sound quality and depth of soundstage.

Just thought I would share... anyone else noticed this???

mps

Same here Sky Q no option for Atmos or DTS but on tv app all options available without premium pack.

:clap:

5saladz

I find the quality of apps to be all over the place. I am currently using an Xbox Series X for Netflix, Prime Video and Apple TV for 4K SDR and Atmos where available.

However, the NOW TV app on Xbox judders horribly, so I use an Amazon Fire TV for anything from NOW as it is a much smoother experience.

Finally, I need to use an HDFury DIVA and NVidia Shield for Disney+ in order to get a 4K / Atmos signal with my set up. An Amazon Fire TV was also an option here, but for some reason the colours looked murky and green-tinged. Switching to the Shield, the colours were richer and less green and i was able to dial down colour saturation and contrast settings which were overblown when using the Fire TV.

What a palaver!

Pulse1

Apologies if I am a bit late to the party on this; This week I used my DP-UB9000 Blu-ray player to watch movies on Netflix, whereas normally I watch movies through Sky Q.

While Sky Q offers 4K movies etc. I noticed that with the UB9000 there were high grade options such as DTS, Atmos etc.

There were definite improvements in both picture definition and improved sound quality and depth of soundstage.

Just thought I would share... anyone else noticed this???
Sky Q and your DP-UB9000 can't output 24hz content as 24hz from any of their built in apps either.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom