Better HD72i Deal Than This?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by joust, Dec 18, 2006.

1. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    All,

Deal from Benji and co.: http://www.discounttv.co.uk/product/Themescene_HD72_Projector_Hot_Deal.html is there a better deal on the market than this? I am looking for a new projector, but don't need to buy just yet (I could wait until sometime in January), but this may be such a good deal. I'm not looking to go 1080 just yet, have demo'd a HD70 and an IN76 (76 just seemed to have better shadow detail, maybe it was the brightness, didn't think it was £700 better though). Don't really need a new screen, and am unlikely to ever use the bulb to need a new one (generally on;y put around 150hrs on a bulb per year).

So are there any better deals, or would I be better with another projector?

Cheers

Joust

2. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,615
    The reason that the 72i is coming down in price is that 73 is due out in January, which will be released at the same msrp as the 72i (c.£1,500).

Steve W

3. u8myufo

u8myufo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well I have been looking at these guys for a while now http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/0_PROJECTOR.htm as I do need a screen, but have not broke it down to see if its worth it yet. Also I would like to make an appointment with them for a viewing and compare it against the infocus, and maybe wave cash in front of them for a better price (here`s hoping ). I did come across that before Joust at discounttv but was a bit confused as it is marked up as the 72 not 72i maybe I got it wrong.

4. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just to confirm the units are HD72i's

Don't need the screen? Just ebay it for £140!:)

HD72i for £1000 with a free bulb? :eek:

5. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi Benji,

Thanks for the reply. I was all set to press the 'order button' until I just did a last minute check on the installation. Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!!!! It won't work in my lounge - I have a 140cm drop from my ceiling to the top of my centre speaker. I have about a 3.3m throw (and this will give a 203cm wide image[just]), but however, at this distance the lower part of the image will be 147-157cm below the centre line of the lens (and thats not taking into account how much lower the PJ will be from the ceiling) :thumbsdow

So now back to the drawing board - I have checked the HD70 specs, the installation angles are worse than the 72:eek: The IN76 is just too expensive (unless you can get somewhere near the 72 deal with that :devil: ), so am I stuck with a Panny AX100?

Cheers

Joust

6. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    from the reviews being stuck with a Panny AX100 isnt really a bad thing. not sure how good the blacks are thou on this LCD PJ

Best of luck mate !

7. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

I sympathise! :)

But the good news is you still have the awesome AX100, TX300 and (although we don't stock it, I have heard good things, Sanyo Z5) to choose from.

Admittedly the lack of lens shift on recent budget optomas has caused some issues for us!