Better Equalizer

wilsonlaidlaw

In my house in France, the acoustics of the main room are weird and very cold. It is a house built by one of Le Corbusier's pupils in the 1970's as his own retirement home. It is open plan made out of stone, glass and steel with sunken bits, raised bits and curved walls. The floors are ceramic tiled. I can't alter it to any major extent as it is the French equivalent of a listed building. The maximum dimensions are 45 feet long by 30 wide.

I have improved the sound a lot by fitting a Technics SH-GE70 Equalizer between the Meridian G02 pre-amplifier and the Musical Fidelity K550 Monoblocs. The problem is that the Technics produces a hiss. Now this does not worry me too much, as I have tinnitus after 40 years of driving racing cars and rifle shooting and have to go quite close to the horn tweeters on the Klipsch RF83 speakers to hear it but it drives my family up the wall.

Can anyone suggest a better quality (hiss free) equalizer. I don't want to spend a lot of money and then find I still have the problem. A TL Audio Ivory-2 model 5013 tube 2 channel parametric equalizer has been suggested.

Wilson

wilsonlaidlaw

TL is a good suggestion, also Klark Technic and XTA are worth a look.

Dupe...

I have ended up getting a nearly new (been switched on once) LA Audio 231G dual 31 band equalizer. Hopefully it should be a lot better than the Technics.

Wilson

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom