1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

better componnet cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by GalacticaActual, Aug 27, 2004.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Hi there.
    I have a jvc componnet cable 3phono to three phono connecting my new plasma to my pioneer 757ai. My question is will I see a difference in picture quality on the plasma if I get a more expensive cable, Ie qed or thor. Can any one help? the jvc was only £9.99 from currys.
    Thanks.
    Dave.

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I was using the same component cables before upgrading to Mark Grant cables (from the powerbuys section). I found Marks cables gave a definite improvment to the picture. Most noticeable using test patterns, but regular TV/DVDs look cleaner than with the JVC cables. For me, worth the price.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I would be very surprised if you did not see a large improvement on replaceing the component cables with a Mark Grant or similar.
    I origionally had a £30 component cable that I bought with my DVD player (then a Toshiba SD-900e) and replaced it with a very similar cable to the Mark Grant one. Now I am partially sighted and had problems with seeing the highlighted areas on DVD menus, but after the upgrade these stood out clearly. So with my poor eye sight it was well worth the upgrade, so if your sight is fairly good you should IMO see even more of an improvement.

Mark.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    Hello Dave

Obviously very biased at this end but so far no one has taken us up on the offer of a full refund if they didn't see a difference when upgrading to the BetterCables Silver Serpent Component Video cables we supply.

I'd also suggest a copy of AVIA or DVE tune up DVD's from the Power Buy section if you havened already invested in one.

Best regards

Joe