better cables for the gamecube?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by keyser, Jul 19, 2002.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It´s possible to get better cables than the standard ones for the ps2 and xbox from monster cable, do you know if it is possible to get higher quality cables for the cube, especially component cables?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The official Nintendo Component Cable is off an extremely high quality - hence the price. I've taken enough of them apart now to know that they are very well built and double shielded as well. In short, they are as good as anything produced by Monster :).

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks. I won´t be waiting for the monster ones then, just got a reply from them and they are coming with Gamecube versions this fall. I was wondering, can I tell which games go to high resolution and/or widescreen when the cube is connected with component progressive, do i just have to use my eyes because I can´t see any info on the games. Was thinking of what games I should demo on the new Toshiba TV, resident evil and eternal darkness go high resolution don´t they?

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately the boxes never seem to say whether or not these features are supported. You usually need to look through the manual for clarification. Either that or just search the Net for previews and reviews which usually point these features out.

Eternal Darkness runs in Progressive Mode and 16:9 Mode but Resident Evil does not support either. Saying that Resident Evil's graphics are already High Definition due to them being pre-rendered. There's no real need for a Progressive Mode in Resident Evil because there is very little moving scenery or backgrounds.

Both games are great though ;).

5. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK. I thought all games ran progressive and some switched to high definiton when you switched to progressive. So eternal darkness should be a good demo for the tosh tv... to see the difference between progressive and interlaced. What I don´t get in eternal darkness... I´ve just begun playing it (gonna wait for the tosh to play it through) and I have a widescreen tv, but when I swich to widescreen in the menu at the start, then the first cinema sequences don´t fill the screen, but they do fill to the sides when i have it set to 4:3 on the start menu... whats up with that??