Question Bets Way to connect Wireless Headphones to Home Theatre System

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Alirezar, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Alirezar

Alirezar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would love some feedback on this:

I want to connect my Sennheiser RS175 to my home theatre system via its supplied optical cable.
    Currently all my devices (XFINITY, Apple TV, Xbox) are connected to my a/v receiver (Pioneer vsx-52) via HDMI and an HDMI cable connects the TV (Panasonic VT30) to the receiver.
    What would be the best way to connect the headphone? Should I use the tv's optical out option and connect that to the headphones? The receiver doesn't allow optical output since the input must also then be optical.

Any comments would be greatly appreciates

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    I'd suggest it not really a viable option with an AV receiver. The optical out will only convey S/PDIF sources so an device not cnnected to your receiver via either an optical or digital coax input will not be output via the receiver's optical output.

If you use the TV's optical out then you'd only get audio associated with the TV and the receiver would play no part in the audio at all. If you only wish to listen to the TV via your wireless headphones then yes, use the TV's optical output in conjunction with your headphones.

Simply forget about trying to use the optical input associate with the wireless transmitter for your headphones. The only effective output to use in conjunction with headphones would be the headphone output on the receiver.

3. Floob

Floob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22