BETA spotter

bertha

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all - I was wondering if you guys thought it'd be worth having a thread where any news of applications for beta games can be posted. A lot of dudes missed the boat on LBP and Socom etc and would be good to share the wealth if there is any info. For example Resistance 2 Beta is available for those who are not already aware (although I'm sure most will be) from the likes of Play if you preorder the game.

any more for any more?

Cheers all

Berth:thumbsup:

Good idea. I only got the Socom beta through a mate, got the LBP beta after a long time trying for a key, lol. but all due to people mentioning on here where to apply or what to download etc.

Can be a very good thread if people use it instead of making many more threads.

Maybe worth thinking or seeing if a mod could possibly make something like this a sticky so it is always on view for people to find and add things too.

Splendid idea!

The resistance 2 beta keys are going up on IGN at some point today, now i feel like i've done my bit (hope i still manage to get one!)

Any one acutally get a code from play?

Any one acutally get a code from play?

I was just thinking this last night - if they don't stump up the goods soon I might cancel my preorder and get it from Game, might as well get the reward points if nothing else..

Glad to hear that the feelings are that this is a good idea - keeping at alive might prove tricky though

Cheers all

Berth:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up on Resistance 2. I just looked at the IGN article and it said that if you have the program "Comrade" from GameSpy installed on your computer you'll get notified an hour before the keys go live. See below:

Full details on how to access the beta will go live on Monday, but if you want a heads-up there's a simple way to jump the queue. GameSpy users who have downloaded Comrade will be notified an hour before the keys go live, virtually guaranteeing a place in the beta.

Not a member of GameSpy? To get an account, simply register at any IGN site – you can even do it on this very page. Once logged in, download Comrade here, and then befriend the FilePlanet Ambassador by clicking here. And voila, if you keep your wits about you you'll be shooting your little heart out come Monday night.

Thanks for the heads up on Resistance 2. I just looked at the IGN article and it said that if you have the program "Comrade" from GameSpy installed on your computer you'll get notified an hour before the keys go live. See below:

Not much use for us Mac owners :thumbsdow

Unfortunately, nope. Sorry dude.

EDIT: Isn't there an application for OSX that lets you run Windows programs? Like you have Wine on Linux??

No idea lol I try to stay away from Windows as much as I can.

I'm sure there will be enough keys if I'm around at the initial frenzy!

No idea lol I try to stay away from Windows as much as I can.

I'm sure there will be enough keys if I'm around at the initial frenzy!
Lol yeah, but just to do my bit, I've downloaded GameSpy Comrade. As soon as I get notified an hour before everyone else, I'll let you guys know here. :smashin:

Yeah, i tried to get comrade up and running at work but either it's really busy with Resistance 2 beta code hunters or the firewall here is blocking it.

If anyone actually has Comrade logged in, give us a heads up when they reveal the time please!

Yeah, i tried to get comrade up and running at work but either it's really busy with Resistance 2 beta code hunters or the firewall here is blocking it.

If anyone actually has Comrade logged in, give us a heads up when they reveal the time please!
Will do, I'm guessing it'll be around 8pm UK time, coz that will be 12:00pm PDT.
Just guessing though, so I dunno :confused:

And today of all days is the day I have a dentist's appointment at 5:00pm, then a piano lesson from 6:30 till 7:30. :mad:

Will do, I'm guessing it'll be around 8pm UK time, coz that will be 12:00pm PDT.
Just guessing though, so I dunno :confused:

And today of all days is the day I have a dentist's appointment at 5:00pm, then a piano lesson from 6:30 till 7:30. :mad:

It's the EU beta so I doubt they'll be going by US time.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. What time do you think they'll release the keys?

Soon hopefully!

I'll guess around 6pm(ish) tho to get maximum impact/traffic. How many ppl are gonna uninstall Comrade after this tho, is it another IM client?

Last edited:
Soon hopefully!

I'll guess around 6pm(ish) tho to get maximum impact/traffic. How many ppl are gonna uninstall Comrade after this tho, is it another IM client?
I'm installing defo. It's useless IMO. I use Windows Live Messenger and that's it for me in terms of chatting. Well, apart from chatting over the PS3 :D

On a side note, are you guys all at work right now?

Just refreshed the screen at IGN and got this message :mad:

UPDATE: Blimey, what is it with Sony and delays these days? We've just been told by Sony Europe that the Resistance 2 beta keys we've been waiting on have been held up due to unforeseen circumstances– and that means that, sadly, they won't be available today.

Many apologies to all of you that have camped out here at IGN this morning in anticipation of their arrival. We are currently pulling angry faces at Sony and ensuring we get our hands on the beta keys tomorrow, and we'll keep you updated as to when they will arrive. As for now, it's safe to step away from the computer and get some fresh air.

Hmmm, I've been waiting on the IGN site for most of today too :mad:

Unfortunate technical problem or just a clever way of increasing IGN hitcount?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom