bet this shortage has stuffed many people

dapex

Novice Member
I for one had planned on being at my localtesco tonight, now its only the extra stores and even they will be struggling, I suspect many people who had planned on driving round all day tommorro will be very dissapointed...

just slackin'

yep - before yesterday people on here were saying that you wouldn't need to pre-order. thats a fair turnaround in the space of 24 hours.

dbm001

Novice Member
Luckily we are all in the know, there's probably plenty of people who think they'll be able to walk into a store tomorrow and pick one up. Watch those ebay prices go through the roof this weekend!

Dave.

dazza74

Novice Member
I think the 4 million consoles worldwide lulled some people into a false sense of security about getting one of these. I wouldn't mind betting the UK only get's something in the region of 100,000 of these in time for Christmas and the main bulk of them goto USA & Japan.

The Fuggler

Look for stock on the High Street at the unusual suspects (e.g. John Lewis, Comet etc). Don't think stock will be there long, but I would expect to see some more in the week before Christmas as it sounds like Ninty have the units but they are stuck at HQ in Germany.

dapex

Novice Member
well, found one shop that has 22 in stock and they will be going on sale at12:01. I will get there about 10ish and see what the que is like...

Indiana Jones

I know that the John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway Bristol is only getting in 15 units and last year for the 360 launch they only had 30 units and they had people camped out all night so chances of getting one from them are slim to none I would say.

Going to try my luck at 9pm tonight at my local Asda who are ment to be getting in 25, if I get there and the queue is 10 people I will stay, if its 40 then I will come straight home.

just slackin'

I know that the John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway Bristol is only getting in 15 units and last year for the 360 launch they only had 30 units and they had people camped out all night so chances of getting one from them are slim to none I would say.

Going to try my luck at 9pm tonight at my local Asda who are ment to be getting in 25, if I get there and the queue is 10 people I will stay, if its 40 then I will come straight home.
anybody going to john lewis - make sure you stand at the right door this time. they opened the wrong door first last year and it caused a bit of a kerfuffle.

The Fuggler

anybody going to john lewis - make sure you stand at the right door this time. they opened the wrong door first last year and it caused a bit of a kerfuffle.
I'm hoping they will use the same system as in Reading. They put signs up telling people where to queue, then they handed them each a ticket and a voucher for a free drink in the restaurant and told them to go home or grab a coffee somewhere until the store opened.

Indiana Jones

According to my brother who works there, queuing will be at the underground entrance and they will open at 10am.