1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best XBOX S-Video Lead?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by GJD, Nov 22, 2004.

1. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Just got myself an LCD TV which has DVI/Component & S-Video inputs, as well as composite. The XBOX picture quality (PAL, unmodded) looks cruddy via composite so I was wondering which S-Video cable you guys would recommend (I've seen Joytech, Monster, Saitek etc on sale)... I'd consider component (and the HiDEF soft mod for unmodded UK XBOXes) but the component input will have a prog scan DVD player plugged into it when I get round to buying one! ... UNLESS there's some sort of component switch box you guys would recommend..

Any help much welcome..

2. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Monster S-Video has great build quality and at 10ft long should give you plenty of cable to play with.

3. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say that I recommend a particular switchbox (maybe someone else can), but do yourself a favor and get one and run component. Its that good.

I have the MS S-Video Pack and the Green Monster Xbox S-Video Cable, but both are rubbish compared to HiDef Component.

4. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cant you put them through your amp just a thought!

5. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is component still the way to go if I don't mod my UK XBOX? I understand it won't give me HD unless I do (either soft or hard mod)..BUT will the picture quality or resolution on an umodded pal XBOX still be better with component than with S-VIDEO?
    I picked up an S-video leas in GAME today. Only a fiver but the quality doesn't look any better than the bundled composite leads. You get what you pay for I suppose.. Can't seem to track down the Monster (or IXOS or Saitek) S-Video leads in the UK.. Anyone have any ideas where I can get one (pref the Monster one).. Gotta be better than the picture quality I'm getting at the moment..

6. Jamiroquai78

Jamiroquai78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0