1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best xbox launch games?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by micks_address, Mar 14, 2002.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi folks,
    Whats the best games to pick up with the xbox at launch - halo being one definete purchase any other recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Mick

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Racing - Project Gotham and Rallisport
    Fighting - DOA3 although needs time to get competent
    Sheer Fun - Tony Hawks 3

then wait for Jet Set Radio Future

Munch's Odyssey may be a bit different to warrant a try personally I'm gonna rent it first.

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought ours with Halo and Max Payne.

Cant say what they are like, havent played them yet... will let you know in 2 hours!:D

Taz.:cool:

4. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bought mine with Halo, Project Gotham, AMPED, DOA3 and Max Payne.

Played them all except Max Payne - didn't get much sleep last night! My initial thoughts:

Halo - the dogs b******s
    DOA3 - looks gorgeous and excellent once you get to grips with the controls
    Project Gotham - I loved MSR on the DC and this has all the good points of that along with better graphics and a Kudos system than works
    AMPED - fantastic - worth it for the music alone. Sounded great hooked up to the home cinema kit

Will get JSRF next. Other games of interest are Rallisport and Championship Manager.

Much better launch than XBos. I just hope they can keep it going.

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE IT HOOKED UP TO A 5.1 AMP AN COULD YOU TELL US WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE ON A 5.1 GAME.SORRY BOUT CAPS CANT B ARSE.D CHANGING NOW LOL oh are all the games 5.1 :D

6. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    got halo and nhl hockey along with the xbox. halo looks and plays well - nhl hockey might not be a breakthrough game but its good fun to play. Anyone know how to connect the xbox up to an amp with optical cable - wheres the port to plug the cable into on the xbox? no mention of it in the manual except for the dd logo onfront of the machine
    Thanks,
    Mick

7. 2shy

2shy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the US console; been playing it since xmas. I have the denon 3802 and all I can say is wow. It seriously makes fil soudtracks dull. I mean it's pure 360 degres. Just like PGR, but a better example. PGR is very well done tho: music out of L and Rs, engine noise out of centre, and the stereo rears produce the sounds of the cars coming from the rear: you seriously dont need a mirror with 5.1, you know exactly when and where cars are behind you. It's just a shame that watching films seems dull now:(

8. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    You need to use the Advanced SCART lead to connect an optical cable. And it sounds just lovely in 5.1. I got JSRF, DOA3 and Halo and they are all DD5.1.

You don't need to wait for JSRF if you pre-ordered it. It is out, it's just in very short supply until next weekend (according to the guy in EB).

9. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo...(repeat to fade) Ok I'm not far into the game but this is without doubt the most astounding game I've ever played. It sets new benchmarks in every area, grahpics, sound, playability, control, AI. My only complaint is that it's not in widescreen-it's such a same, especailly as the cut scenes are in widescreen. Still it does have dolby digital sound which is quite stupendus. I think the move to 3 dimensional sound is what makes the xbox a truly next generation console. While I also have MGS2 it's such a shame that after a cut scene in DD5.1 you drop back to Pro Logic for the game.

I've also picked up Ralisport Challange, only checked it out breifly but's it's another game with stuning graphics and DD sound. But back to Halo, although I'd read so much postive stuff about its still exceeded my wildest dreams. I never imagined that a game this good could be made.

stephen