1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best xbox deal ??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by jont, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Looking to get an xbox - seen a bundle in GAME (last few left after xmas if salesman is to be believed ...)

xbox + halo + MM3 + crash + timesplitters = £139.99 and Rainbow Six: 3 (with headset) at £29.99 (with their £20 off offer) ...

Seems the best around the high street and on-line unless anyone knows any better ??

cheers

Jon

ps - what's the aviailibility of those green ones ??

2. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hiya Jon :)

i'm not too sure on the current best deal around...but i did start a thread before xmas and had some great help and feedback from peeps :cool:

try here

hope it helps matey :smashin:
    monsieurblack

3. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    I bought one similar from GAME just after christmas and it was not a bad offer! However, check out Woolworths, especially if you can get a copy of Top Spin for £12.99 anyway.

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    And Timesplitters 2 for £9.99 from play.com

Cheers,
    Liam

5. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    OK thanks ... another tack however that I saw coming out of town was an xbox in Boots for £99 stand alone (but I've got £25 in boots points) so that comes down to £74 ... can I take advantage of any other shop's software deals to put a similar pack together any cheaper ??

cheers

Jon

6. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,523
    Does the X-Box at Boots come with an S-Controller as well?

Well, if you're lucky enough to have a toysrus near you you can get official S-controllers for £19.99 and Rainbow 6 for £19.99 (Also doing Buffy - Chaos Bleeds for £19.99).
    Go to Woolworths and get a copy of Top Spin for £12.99, then buy any other games you want on-line, although WH Smiths were doing two for £60 on some games and Dixons were doing buy one full price, get one half-price on X-Box games.
    Go to GAME and buy their XBOX RGB lead that comes with an optical lead for about £12 and you can get 5.1 surround sonud if you have a compatible DD amp/receiver.

You should be able to beat any package on the high street doing this, e.g. for about £150 you'd have console, 2 S-controllers, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin and the RGB lead. If you're on broadband at home you can then buy the X_Box live pack from amazon.co.uk for aother £29.99 and play on-line! Sorted!

7. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just gone into Boots Leeds (the big one near virgin) and they don't even sell things like Xbox/PS2 etc. Nothing on Boots website either regarding consoles :(

Grrrrrrrr

Gary