Best xb1 deal?

paul1979

Distinguished Member
Thinking of getting an xb1. Good E3 and all :)

Can buy one new but not sure to

1 get basic pack with no Kinnect. I would never use anyhow.

2 get titanfall and watch dogs and sell code and game. Not use kinnect.

3 buy a pre owned (new) forza pack for 300. This is sealed and has a receipt from yesterday!

Best offer?

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
I'd go with the Forza pack. It's a great game and well worth having. You could keep the Kinect for a while and then sell it. They're really cheap at the moment as there's no market for them, but some of the people that buy one without may want one down the line and MS price for one on its own is going to be expensive. Give it a while and the market for a 2nd hand Kinect will improve.

paul1979

Distinguished Member
So the 330 for the new but pre owned is worth it?

Korum

So the 330 for the new but pre owned is worth it?
You put £300 in your first post, not such a good deal at £330 Paul. Argos are selling the Kinectless pack plus wolfenstein for £365 which is pretty good.

I got the Titanfall bundle and Watchdogs for £400 at Argos which I though was a great deal, I don't expect to ever use Kinect but it will be there if something decent comes out and I could have sold the games and made over £50 if I wanted to.

trickytree20

Standard Member
I would get the one with Kinect and just use it for a while its amazing how you get used to it and it is still pretty cool to just say xbox on and everything comes on :laugh:
At the moment even with kinect its still a bargain ,I paid full price day one :thumbsup:

Jay on F1

I'd echo trickytrees post. The xb1 experience is much better with kinnect. Don't worry too much about games atm, but the dashboard/os integration is superb. Saying 'Xbox on', 'go to...', 'snap...' and 'record that' are my most used commands.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Try and not think about Kinect just for games, it makes the experience better imo.
Skype Video, Voice Navigation, Voice Control, Voice Chat, 'Xbox On', 'Xbox Record That', ' Xbox Turn Off', Fitness App, Kinect Intergration into games with nice features. And then there is the games, they will come at some point. I honestly dont think it is dead in the water, if you dont like and dont use it then you could box it up. But what about when Half Life 3 with full kinect features is released and you have to fork out for one ;)

A lot of people that have been dead against it, have plugged it in and not gone back......I feel a poll coming on !
Better to have imo.
If you can get a decent Kinect Deal then go for it.

mattg

I had no care for Kinect but happy it is there very much for the points tones makes above. If you can find the extra 100, it's nice to get a couple of games up front and that reassurance you can take it back if anything falls over.

W90WBA

I have a PS4 and I'm also tempted to get a Xbox One, will likely get with Kinect even though I have no space to use it's features fully however I've not really seen any amazing deals out there. I'll more than likely get a pre owned one too

I Spiritus I

I have a PS4 and I'm also tempted to get a Xbox One, will likely get with Kinect even though I have no space to use it's features fully however I've not really seen any amazing deals out there. I'll more than likely get a pre owned one too
If your only going to use it for the voice controls then you don't need to worry about the space, it's worth it just for that IMO :).

W90WBA

If your only going to use it for the voice controls then you don't need to worry about the space, it's worth it just for that IMO :).
I'll get it with kinect but feel a but of a waste not being able to use the fitness side of things, but I am interred with the voice controls, just trying to justify which game I'd want that I can't get on my PS4

brandy123

Already got a ps4 but would also like a Xbox one but money is tight so probably be looking at Christmas time to get my forza fix

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom