Question Best worst segal and van damm movies ?

dinoprada2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing better than a truly great film is a truly awful one ...

I have quite a few van damme and segal turkeys just wondering what's everyone's best worst movie/s from these two titans of B movie action ?

[emoji23][emoji106]

Favourites. Under Siege and Hard Target.

Segals first few films were ok and pretty entertaining in their time:
Nico
Marked for Death (my favourtie)
Hard To Kill
Out for Justice
Under Siege
Executive Decision, although not really a Segal film it is pretty entertaining.

anything after these films were rubbish. Actually I say that but I stopped watching his films once he started getting fat.

Van Damme

My favourite is Blood Sports, although having learnt the truth about what a fraud Frank Dux was does put a dampener on it slightly.
Timecop was also a pretty good film as was Hard Target and Kickboxer.
Everything else is mostly below average to rubbish

It's not Segal! :rolleyes: :p

JCVD

Double Impact
Kickboxer
Bloodsport
AWOL
Maximum Risk
Hard Target
In Hell

Seagal

Under Siege movies
Hard To Kill
Out for Justice
Marked For Death
Exit Wounds

Under Siege and Out for Justice are quality films.

Under Siege 2 not so much.

I just viewed him in "the keeper" it's so bad it's good , seeing him fat slow and out of breath yet still taking himself seriously as some sort of middle aged "bad ass" with his half arsed acting and cheesy plot ...

Never was a fan of him or his "good movies" it's the awful DTV ones I like .

[emoji23][emoji106]

JCVD - Best is Universal Soldier, worst is Street Fighter.

Segal - Best is Under Seige, worst is every film he's done since.

Seagal best film will always be Undersiege, with Out for Justice a close second, all his early films before them two are watchable and Executve Decision the only one watchable after that, but he did have a great comeback in last years The Shallows;)

If you like Seagal, then this is a must read

21635.jpg

It's goes film by film and is one of the funniest books I have read

As for Van Damme

Hard Target/Timecop/Sudden Death were a nice little triple header back in the day, but most of his other films have badly dated now out of the two, but I did like that JCVD film he a few years back, not bad.

JCVD's best is probably JCVD for me. I've seen more than a few bad films from him now but the first one I really disliked was Nowhere To Run. It was so dull. My son had been told it was his best film up to that point. I remember turning the Laserdisc over to side two and saying "If this is his best then side two must be brilliant.". It wasn't.

Seagull's best has to Under Siege. There's just too many to mention for his bad films. I even leave them on the shelves in Poundland these days.

Bri

Seagal best film will always be Undersiege, with Out for Justice a close second, all his early films before them two are watchable and Executve Decision the only one watchable after that, but he did have a great comeback in last years The Shallows;)

21635.jpg

As for Van Damme

Hard Target/Timecop/Sudden Death were a nice little triple header back in the day, but most of his other films have badly dated now out of the two, but I did like that JCVD film he a few years back, not bad.

What a lovely recommendation thanks !!!

I shall put that on my Amazon pile [emoji106]

I can't stand the man by all accounts he is rude and arrogant that's why I enjoy watching him make a total fool of himself via his awful films .

What a lovely recommendation thanks !!!

I shall put that on my Amazon pile [emoji106]

I can't stand the man by all accounts he is rude and arrogant that's why I enjoy watching him make a total fool of himself via his awful films .

He was ok in the early days, it was when he screwed up his marriage to Kelly LeBrock that things started to go bad, it was around the time of Undersiege 2 if I remember, I would have gone a bit crazy if I lost her back in the day.

Hope you enjoy the book.

He was ok in the early days, it was when he screwed up his marriage to Kelly LeBrock that things started to go bad, it was around the time of Undersiege 2 if I remember, I would have gone a bit crazy if I lost her back in the day.

Hope you enjoy the book.

Didn't Travolta marry her as well ?

Hope you enjoy the book.

I never knew that.

Bri

I remember when we bought my late father in law a new tv with freeview. He took to the extra channels like a duck to water. It opened up a whole new world to him including the films of JCVD and the Seagull. He got really excited when he thought there was going to be a JCVD vs Seagull film. In reality it was a channel asking it's viewers to vote which one was best and they would show one of the winner's films. He was very disappointed.

Bri

Best of JCVD: It's between Universal Soldier and Hard Target. I'm going to go with Hard Target as it's got Lance Henriksen. I have these memories of my cousin having a really bizarre and intense dislike for Van Damme. He was convinced that Van Damme was proper gay like and would come out with all of these homophobic slurs and stuff and often referred to Hard Target as "Hard f*ggot".

Worst of JCVD is probably Nowhere To Run. I agree with @brian s Dry as a bone.

Steven Seagal? Meh, I don't even rate Under Siege that much. Only good thing about that was THAT scene with that bird from Baywatch. Cor.Blimey.

What's that one where he's in a coma and grows and beard and then comes back to kill the people who put him there? I remember liking that one the most. As for the worst. Gosh, so many to choose from :thumbsdow Exit Wounds?

Last edited:
On the whole, Seagal's later films are utter bollocks which make no sense.

Have you seen his vampire flick? Against the Dark?

The trouble with Seagul is that he loses interest in most films before he's finished filming. Or he falls out with the producer / director. He refuses to come back and do over dubs, so his voice is dubbed in lots of his films.

Last edited:
On the whole, Seagal's later films are utter bollocks which make no sense.

Have you seen his vampire flick? Against the Dark?

The trouble with Seagul is that he loses interest in most films before he's finished filming. Or he falls out the producer / director. He refuses to come back and do over dubs, so his voice is dubbed in lots of his films.

No that sounds hilarious and a must have [emoji23]

Yes I noticed he has a "can't be arsed" vibe in some of his more recent ones .

To be fair, there are some "ok" later, straight to DVD films from both (assuming you like b-movies).

Seagal: Pistol Whipped, Urban Justice and Fire Down Below... not as recent, but On Deadly Ground is pretty good/bad.

JCVD: Wake of Death, Seven Bullets, Uni Sol: Regeneration... and for some reason, I have an unhealthly love for Double Team with Dennis Rodman and Mickey Rourke.

Send help.

21635.jpg

As for Van Damme

Thanks I will clearly have to get this.

For my sins I will have to say OUT FOR A KILL Is the worst of the Seagal's - as one winter in Bulgaria I worked on the film and first-hand experience of a Seagal film production. 2002 it was. I'm listed as production assistant, my one IMDB credit, goddamn it!

As a result I named a film pub quiz team "Steven Seagal is Fat and Always Late".

Heady days, wrote a small blog about it too.

Thanks I will clearly have to get this.

For my sins I will have to say OUT FOR A KILL Is the worst of the Seagal's - as one winter in Bulgaria I worked on the film and first-hand experience of a Seagal film production. 2002 it was. I'm listed as production assistant, my one IMDB credit, goddamn it!

As a result I named a film pub quiz team "Steven Seagal is Fat and Always Late".

Heady days, wrote a small blog about it too.

Was he an asshole in real life ?

Was he an asshole in real life ?

Yeah a total fool (edited my language there). He would lecture far more experienced actors on how to act. He was always late to set, a total narcissist, he barely did a single action stunt himself as well. Which is why there were a lot of close-ups of hands in the movie.

The director was a bigger *rick though.

The final action beat of the movie is a Samurai sword being thrown out a window to decapitate the baddie from long distance, mind. Witness some of the worst CGI ever.

Yeah a total fool (edited my language there). He would lecture far more experienced actors on how to act. He was always late to set, a total narcissist, he barely did a single action stunt himself as well. Which is why there were a lot of close-ups of hands in the movie.

The director was a bigger *rick though.

The final action beat of the movie is a Samurai sword being thrown out a window to decapitate the baddie from long distance, mind. Witness some of the worst CGI ever.
I've seen this film and it is one of his worst... totally lazy, bizarre and a waste of time. I'm sure your contribution was valued though! ;)

In all honesty though, I find Seagal a thoroughly curious character... in terms of his background, outrageous claims, movie career, various dialects he talks with (they vary depending on, er, his mood I guess?), his musical efforts and how basically every action movie nowadays is basically a re-skinned Seagal film from the 90's!

Did you hear about the time he was reduced to tears after reading "the best script ever"?
When asked who wrote it, he said "I did".
Can't remember where I read that...

I've seen this film and it is one of his worst... totally lazy, bizarre and a waste of time. I'm sure your contribution was valued though! ;)

In all honesty though, I find Seagal a thoroughly curious character... in terms of his background, outrageous claims, movie career, various dialects he talks with (they vary depending on, er, his mood I guess?), his musical efforts and how basically every action movie nowadays is basically a re-skinned Seagal film from the 90's!

Did you hear about the time he was reduced to tears after reading "the best script ever"?
When asked who wrote it, he said "I did".
Can't remember where I read that...

I think most shocking is that he was proclaimed a bhudhha by a famous Tibetan lama

[emoji23]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom