Best Wireless Unit? WI-FI or SONOS?

robzter

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys im wanting to get a wireless music station for the living room with outputs in the kitchen bedroom and bathroom.the 2 i see as contenders are the SONOS and phillips WI-FI could anyone help? the WIFI doesnt have sep speakers which i like. many thanks

thanks...
there seems to be lots of choice,,, im confused now.
any help ?

It depends what features you want really:

built in hard disk?
Internet radio?
Lossless or mp3 only?
Synchronisation across rooms?
Budget?

andrew1810 said:
It depends what features you want really:

built in hard disk?
Internet radio?
Lossless or mp3 only?
Synchronisation across rooms?
Budget?

just to be able to play my music around the house built in hard drive could be useful,but have all my music on pc as mp3 so not a problem.radio not bothered.what is lossless? also want units to have built in speakers so i can place them in bedroom kitchen and bathroom.

Lossless means storing music in FLAC, AIFF or WAV, like MP3, only sounds better.

The only ones with built in speakers are the Philips and Roku Soundbridge Radio, otherwise the others can all be hooked up to a set of active speakers.

In terms of sound quality, the Sonos, Squeezebox and Roku are the best, but also the most expensive, especially if you are listening to mp3's

The original Terratec Noxon is cheap but reliable and would work fine in a kitchen, the Noxon 2 is the replacement with a few extra features and a future add-on speaker.

The Acoustic Energy Wifi radio may also be worth a look for a bedroom.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom