Best wireless over ear headphones with noise cancelling

neonplanet40

Hi folks, I currently have a pair of B&W PX. I've had them for 3 years but one of the volume buttons is stuck in the down position and no longer responsive. I've been quoted over £100 by B&W to repair which is excessive. So in the market for new headphones.

Budget is under £300.

My questions is, what are the best SOUNDING wireless headphones that I can get which have decent noise cancelling? Support for high quality Bluetooth audio is important. I won't be using a DAC. Likely using tidal master on my android smartphone (s20+) and some music listening from my main PC.

I know that the Sony come out on top in many reviews but that regularly seems to be based on their noise cancelling with sound quality a secondary concern. The Bose 700 looked good but the reviews say that the software is awful which has put me off.

So I thought I'd request the views of you guys to help me. Thanks!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi folks, I currently have a pair of B&W PX. I've had them for 3 years but one of the volume buttons is stuck in the down position and no longer responsive. I've been quoted over £100 by B&W to repair which is excessive. So in the market for new headphones.

Budget is under £300.

My questions is, what are the best SOUNDING wireless headphones that I can get which have decent noise cancelling? Support for high quality Bluetooth audio is important. I won't be using a DAC. Likely using tidal master on my android smartphone (s20+) and some music listening from my main PC.

I know that the Sony come out on top in many reviews but that regularly seems to be based on their noise cancelling with sound quality a secondary concern. The Bose 700 looked good but the reviews say that the software is awful which has put me off.
That's not been my take from any of the reviews of the Sony’s I've read.
Why not buy and try them yourself from the likes of Amazon who have an easy returns policy.

neonplanet40

Thanks, Folks. Currently waiting on the sony's dropping in price. It goes from £240 ish to £250ish to 299 each day.....

I will see what they are like!

neonplanet40

So I changed my mind. Got Sen Momentum 3's from their outlet for £160.

Seemed a bargain at this price as they come with the full 2 year warranty etc. Great headphones!! Build quality not as good as my B&W PX but the sound is better.

Ruffuz

Seemed a bargain at this price as they come with the full 2 year warranty etc. Great headphones!! Build quality not as good as my B&W PX but the sound is better.

Result!

I actually preferred build quality on senns.

Nick74

Distinguished Member

Wow, was that a one off price? Do you have a link?

neonplanet40

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom