• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best WIFI Media Streamer for WDTV Live

18pcs

Which is the best wifi media server available today in the market. I have a WDTV Live (WIFI version) but am highly disaapointed. I have tried installing Serviio and still get freezing problems. I am using a Synology DS211j on the other side.
I think I need to change either the Synology or the WDTV and hence am looking for options and suggestions, all welcome and thanks.

next010

Distinguished Member
Well I replied in the other thread that it could be the NAS but another line of fault could be the wireless adapter in the WDTV Live isn't good enough.

Perhaps a wireless to ethernet bridge may perform better. The Apple Airport Express is supposed to be a high performance one but there's no guarantee it will fair any better, costs £79. Buffalo sell one for £38.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom