Best wife friendly 5.1 speakers

RobbySpurs

Distinguished Member
And you are not allowed to say Mission M-Cube, as I have a budget of approx. £500.

Any recommendations? I am looking to replace my cheap panasonic speakers and want some smallish speakers that will not dominate the room (16ft by 11ft).

Malky1903

Kef Q series. I reckon they're one of the best looking speakers around and are not too shabby soundwise either. My other half doesn't mind them at all.

Knyght_byte

assuming you have an amp to power the speakers and a sub, Monitor Audio R45 cubes, £80 a cube, so 5 would be £400...if you dont have a sub tho then this leaves you with a slight lack in bass...lol

if you do have a sub that would make do for the meanwhile tho, you could save up a bit more to get a better one in the future......(or if you buy the MA's from sevenoaks and chuck on a sub then not only will you be able to try and get some cable chucked in free but they do a 12 months interest free plan which i've used often....lol)

MADMAND

Banned
Wharfedale Daimond 9HCP, Award winning 5.1 setup. Or you could get 2 pairs of wharfedale Diamond 9.0 the 9CC center and a BKXLS200 for even higher WAF, slightly over your budget but the sub is a lot better.

gameboy1

Standard Member
There are some yamaha YSP-1s available for that sort of budget as it is currently being replaced by the YSP-1000, if its too big at just over a metre long then maybe have a look at the YSP-800. Not exactly what you were after but may do the job without dominating the room and has massive spouse acceptance factor.

HTH

hornydragon

Canton CD101 are very wife friendly see forum powerbuy for more details............
and whats the best price on a YSP1 (that series) anyone has seen?

Trending threads

Top Bottom