1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Widescreen for £500-£600?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Steve22, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Steve22

Steve22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - this is my first post! :rolleyes:

Me and the bird have just bought a house and, naturally, I am taking care of the electrical side of things!

Im looking for a widescreen, flat, minimum 28" TV that looks good in our new house and obviously performs well. It would be great if it had digital built in and will be used for TV, DVD's and PS2.

Two I have seen are the Sony KD32DX51 at £597.93 and a Panasonic 28" IDTV that Iv forgotten the model of but it is £449.

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have a KD28DX50 (previous version to the 51) and am very pleased with the quality of the picture, that is once an issue with the internal freeview tuner was sorted - I assume the 32" model will only look better. It doesn't have the best connectivity though (two scarts, only one of which was RGB), which has led to me buying a scart switching box. The new 51s certainly look good with their dark surrounds, which I believe is supposed to improve viewing conditions - something I seem to remember from watching a DVE disk.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Have you looked at the Toshiba 32Z44? It's a 50Hz flat screen box which looks really good and has had very favourable reviews (am about to buy one).

Granted it only has one RGB SCART and is not an IDTV but some on-line places are selling it for as little as £420 inc delivery.

Better still, John Lewis will price match it (to £499, the in-store price from RGB Direct and TV & Video Direct) BUT for that you get 5 years parts and labour warranty in-situ, free delivery and engineer install. :thumbsup:

ALI