Best website to order a US Bluray player?

ensyed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have finally decided to buy a bluray player and after much mulling a US one bc that's where I will be buying most of my discs

Where can I order a US one to be delivered to the UK?

Thanks

I have finally decided to buy a bluray player and after much mulling a US one bc that's where I will be buying most of my discs

Thanks

Hi mate. :)
Movietyme gets my vote :) and comes highly recommended by a lot of forum members. :cool:
Cheers.

bhphotovideo is where I got my Tosh A1 from and where I would have got my PS3 from if they had sold them!
Include the 31% duty/vat in your calcs though

This is where my BD50 will come from :smashin:

Not mine though, as I have switched to the Pioneer BDP-05FD which is only $100 more than the (overpriced) BD50. Hopefully B&H will be selling it. :smashin:

Steve

Got my Sammy 1400 from B&Hphoto. Got hit with import tax but I was prepared for that. Ordered on on a Monday, Wednesday afternoon it was delivered! All the way from NY, that's quicker than RM. Oh and they take paypal. ;)

Got my Sammy 1400 from B&Hphoto. Got hit with import tax but I was prepared for that. Ordered on on a Monday, Wednesday afternoon it was delivered! All the way from NY, that’s quicker than RM. Oh and they take paypal. ;)

How's the quality of packaging from B&H Photo? Do they ensure that the boxes are sturdy for shipping and would be able to sustain damage from the shipping process? My main concern is ordering from them and the player comes damaged.

How's the quality of packaging from B&H Photo? Do they ensure that the boxes are sturdy for shipping and would be able to sustain damage from the shipping process? My main concern is ordering from them and the player comes damaged.

Mine was fine. IIRC it came in a box then the original box. I can't see it being any differant than shipping from a UK site.

No problems with the HD camcorder and digital camera I bought from them last year. Both were double boxed and arrived in perfect condition, which has not always been the case when buying from the UK. Btw, just heard the Pioneer 05FD will now be out in early August - was hoping for June. :(

Steve

No problems with the HD camcorder and digital camera I bought from them last year. Both were double boxed and arrived in perfect condition, which has not always been the case when buying from the UK. Btw, just heard the Pioneer 05FD will now be out in early August - was hoping for June. :(

Steve

I think that the Pioneer BDP-05FD will be worth waiting for. From my side, I will have to start doing some research in finding a really good step-down transformer.

I bought one of these. but be aware it is very large but I thought the price was better than one of those ones you just plug it the wall.

I think that the Pioneer BDP-05FD will be worth waiting for. From my side, I will have to start doing some research in finding a really good step-down transformer.

The cheaper one in the link has been used by a few members. :smashin:
All the best.

B&H Photo are the best company I have EVER dealt with for customer service... excellent communications and delivery door-to-door from NY in less than 48 hours!

Top company. :thumbsup:

Another vote for B&H here my BD30 arrived in 2 days.
Worth noting though that you WILL have to pay duty on top of the price if you use B&H.

The cheaper one in the link has been used by a few members. :smashin:
All the best.

I concur. The Tacima units use superior toroidal windings on their transformers (hense the cylindrical shape) which are a lot quieter and less susceptible to hum. Despite the name, they are also british built (made in Ilford).

I concur. The Tacima units use superior toroidal windings on their transformers (hense the cylindrical shape) which are a lot quieter and less susceptible to hum. Despite the name, they are also british built (made in Ilford).

Hi Greggles. :)
I've just realised :D i have one of those (Tacima ) transformers myself :smashin: used to use it for my import consoles :rolleyes: it is a quality product. :cool:
All the best.

Well I decided to pick up the Panny BD30 next week on a visit to NY. I did not want to pay another 200 dollars on top of the US retail price. Now to find room for it in my already overcrowded av rack....hmmmm

Well I decided to pick up the Panny BD30 next week on a visit to NY. I did not want to pay another 200 dollars on top of the US retail price. Now to find room for it in my already overcrowded av rack....hmmmm

From B&H?

According to their website, they're backordered. :(

Let me know where you're going to get your BD30 from as I'm in NY from the 25th. :smashin:

Does anybody know where I can get a Sony BDP-S2000ES imported to the UK?

Thanks
AVS

Nick :smashin:

Another vote for B&H here my BD30 arrived in 2 days.
Worth noting though that you WILL have to pay duty on top of the price if you use B&H.

Hi Malkit... :lease: Can you tell me what the cost of the import duty was???

Thx

region codes, for blu ray and also dvd discs.

Oh and the a 240v to 110v stepdown transformer is needed. But thats far more easily tackled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom