1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to use screen ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Feb 12, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have an 78 inch wide owl electrical screen that I can stop at any length. I set up my pj last night so that true 16 x9 fills up whole screen when i make screen length 43.4 inches. (16 x9).

I initially thought all i needed to do to accomode 2.35:1 , 4/3 etc was adjust the screen length but this would only be the case if picture was projected to top of screen downwards for each ratio.

What do most folk do to accomodate all these non 16/9 ratios.

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Hi

Without spending a fortune on an electric fully masked screen, the only truly universal thing you can do is set your screen to 16:9 and leave it there.

This will accomodate 2.35:1 with black bars top and bottom and 4:3 with black bars left and right.

Steve

3. hermand

hermand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be talking rubbish here because I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure that if you're using an HTPC and powerstrip, etc, then you can set it up to display 2.35:1 ratio material from the top down.

HTH

Herman