• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Best way to upgrade every 12 months?

Ickle Yoda1

So far I have had every version of the iPhone on release day. I have managed to sell the old ozone and recoup the cost of buying the new one. However this time I am tempted to keep my 3GS and also upgrade to the iPhone 4. I usually always go on the 18 month contract. Has anyone found a cheaper or better jway to upgrade on a yearly basis?

adrian3221

I have a plan. Im one year through my two year 3GS contract. I plan to sell my 3GS now and hopefully get around £350. I will then use that to buy a PAYG iPhone 4 estimated price £550-£600. So outlay there is around £200-£250. Next year when my contract is up I will sell iPhone 4, again hopefully getting around £350. I will then use that money to take out a brand new two contract for iPhone 5. Presuming that will cost around £200 for the phone thus leaving me with a profit of £100-£150. I would then just repeat that cycle every two years. Does that make sense??

psikey

Distinguished Member
Already have o2 broadband but currently use an Orange PAYG SIM with a Blackberry.

I usually always buy my handsets SIM free so what I've decided to do to ensure & get the unlimtted data is:

• Buy an iPhone 4 outright (assuming similar pricing to the 3GS)
  • use with a 12 month iPhone Simplicity at £15/month for 300min & unlimitted text/data/wifi plus added the £2/day PC tethering option for rare occassions I'm away on business with my laptop.
  • Get the £5 rebate off my Broadband for having an O2 contract

So I'm effectively only paying £10 for the contract, plus a further saving as I'm currently paying £5/month on my Orange PAYG for the Blackberry service which I will cancel.

For me, I'll only be paying an extra £5/month over what I pay now for the 300mins & unlimitted data/text :thumbsup:

Just hope the handsets no more tha £550 now :confused:

Also customer service have confirmed i can transfer this over to the iPhone 4 but they would send me out a micro SIM. Seems best way to avoid the data cap on the new tariffs (for 12 month anyway).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom