Answered Best way to stream audio to existing hifi system from phone

brimble16

Novice Member
Hi all,

fairly new into HiFi, I've recently acquired a new system, I use it to listen to my Turntable (Technics SL-L3) and I often use an auxiliary to line in to listen to music from my phone too. However, I want to listen to my music from Spotify, youtube and so on, wirelessly. I've heard that connection over wifi is superior to Bluetooth, but is it worth the added costs for a fairly amateur system? Is it worth just hooking up an Amazon Alexa? Id really rather not spend more than £40

my current setup is as follows:
-Technics SL-L3 turntable
-Pioneer A-107 Stereo amplifier
-Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 Speakers.

Greatly appreciated,

Jack Halsall

dannnielll

The obvious solution is to get Chromecast audio CCA while still available. ,Assuming of course you do have home wifi ,that will allow you to stream to the direct ly connected amplifier etc. You would be using the S7 as the controller for the chromecast. If you had music lurking on an sd card in the phone, you should be able to cast to the Chromecast.,that might cost you another 3 quid for the bubble UNDP android app.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I was going to suggest an inexpensive airplay device from neet but that idea’s no good.

Apart from the CCA mentioned above, the easiest way to do what you want is with a modern Bluetooth receiver into the amp.

This one is Bluetooth 5 with apt-x HD. It’ll will be perfectly good, high quality music from your Samsung or any Bluetooth device.

It has an analogue output and an optical out should you choose to get a dac, or an amp with a dac in the future. Anker is also a recognised make in this type of technology, so it’s decent stuff.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphon...0548829&sr=8-13&keywords=Bluetooth+5+receiver

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Although Google recently stopped making the Chromecast Audio I'd thoroughly recommend trying to find one.

larkone

Distinguished Member
Or one of these - Teufel Connector : Buy online at Teufel

It
  • Enables streaming of Spotify, SoundCloud, TIDAL, TuneIn, own music and 100+ more via Chromecast
Excellent devices, have two and they are faultless. A Chromecast on steroids, simple to install. Auto power off and on as well:smashin:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I bought the Teufel on @larkone recommendation, and I have to say it's a great piece of kit. OK it's not exactly stellar in terms of build quality (pretty cheap plastic design), but it works flawlessly and unlike my AVR doesn't drop the wifi connection all the time.

Don't even have to use the app if you don't want to. Can connect directly from the Spotify app.

larkone

Distinguished Member
I bought the Teufel on @larkone recommendation, and I have to say it's a great piece of kit. OK it's not exactly stellar in terms of build quality (pretty cheap plastic design), but it works flawlessly and unlike my AVR doesn't drop the wifi connection all the time.

Don't even have to use the app if you don't want to. Can connect directly from the Spotify app.
Yes but if they put it in a metal case with a nice aluminium face plate it would £500. What is important is what is inside. Re the app, I don't use it either. I prefer either BubbleUPNP or HiFiCast.

ipodziak

Yes but if they put it in a metal case with a nice aluminium face plate it would £500. What is important is what is inside. Re the app, I don't use it either. I prefer either BubbleUPNP or HiFiCast.
Couldn't agree more.
The example would be Cambridge audio Cxn which I had for a while and compared it side by side and no diferrence in sound ( to me) which is most important to me.
Peace.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom