Best way to split signal from Sat. Dish

seoras

Standard Member
Sorry in advance if this question has been answered before. I have freeview through a Sky minidish and Pace receiver and have just bought a new telly with an intergrated freeview receiver installed in another room. What's the best way to get a signal to the new tv? My local TV man says to run a coax cable from the Pace receiver but it would have to be clipped round doorways etc. Is there a less messy way? The dish is right outside the room with the new tv so I had hoped I could split the signal from it. Would this degrade the signal too much?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I have freeview through a Sky minidish and Pace receiver and have just bought a new telly with an intergrated freeview receiver installed in another room. What's the best way to get a signal to the new tv? My local TV man says to run a coax cable from the Pace receiver

You do not get Freeview from a Sky digibox. Freeview is the name for the terrestrial Digital TV transmissions system in the UK.
You get free-to-view channels or Freesat from Sky...unless you have a terrestrial aerial you will get zilch on your new IDTV...Freeview requires a terrestrial aerial and if this is plugged in to the aerial in on your Sky digibox and a coax cable run from the RF1 or RF2 out to your TV you will then get the Freeview channels and Sky via RF.
You cannot connect a cable directly from the LNB on a dish to a TV...it can only be connected to a satellite receiver which decodes the signal and passes it in a suitable form to a TV.
You could buy a used Sky digibox and connect it to the LNB on the dish and use that for your new TV but you will only get the Sky channels...you will not get the Freeview channels your IDTV was designed for unless you have an aerial connected as mentioned earlier.

Tesla

Further to the above post you should not simply split an IF feed.

If you require multiple outputs from a single dish the best method for home use is to fit a quad output LNB.

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom