• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Best way to setup my Toshiba RD-XS32

Greamec

Standard Member
Hi all,

What is the best way to set up my Toshiba RD-XS32 here is my setup:

Sony TV with three scarts

AV1 = RBG
AV2 = RGB
AV3 = Not RGB

Sky + but the second scart is being used by a wireless sender.

I also need to plug in my xbox console via scart.

Is it best to plug the sky+ into the scart input on the Toshiba RD-XS32 and then the output on the Toshiba RD-XS32 to the AV1 on the TV?
And if I do this will sky+ work ok when the Toshiba RD-XS32 is off?

Greame

tobyjuggler

Best way would be :

Sky+ (TV Output) ==> AV2 on RDXS32
AV1 on RDXS32 ==> AV1 on TV
Xbox ==> AV2 on TV

When you switch the RDXS32 off (or even whilst it's on) you can watch Sky+ directly, by pressing on the RDXS32 remote control, the button marked 'SAT MON.' (on the bottom row). This passes through the Sky+ signal directly to your TV's AV1 input.

Greamec

Standard Member
tobyjuggler said:
Best way would be :

Sky+ (TV Output) ==> AV2 on RDXS32
AV1 on RDXS32 ==> AV1 on TV
Xbox ==> AV2 on TV

When you switch the RDXS32 off (or even whilst it's on) you can watch Sky+ directly, by pressing on the RDXS32 remote control, the button marked 'SAT MON.' (on the bottom row). This passes through the Sky+ signal directly to your TV's AV1 input.

Thanks Toyjuggler,

Am I right in saying it will all be RGB even when the RDXS32 is off?

Greame

Greamec

Standard Member
I have had to send my first box back but can some one tell me if when the DVD player is off and you use the sat mon button does it through put the optical sound from sky or is it just the vidio and sound through the scart.
hope that makes sense
Greame

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom