1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to route sky into 2nd room

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kriswood5, Nov 2, 2004.

1. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I am getting Sky+ installed next week in a new room which has been converted for home cinema use. However, i would really to receive sky in my lounge where I have it today but only need the one box as i dont need different channels on each TV.

So my question is this, what is the best way to connect this up? Woudl a radio wave TV link be sufficient or am I best to get it professionally wired up?

Also, what is sky eye? Is this a radio wave link or just a way to change channels over a wired up link?

Thanks in advance

Kris

2. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to use a philips video sender. As far as I could tell the quality was very good, and almost as close as the original box. With the IR transmitter included it was very good with remote controls.

But when I upgraded my wireless network to 54g it caused problems with the video sender. Basically I couldn't get all my 11b devices to work with all my 54g devices at the same time as having a completely clean signal from the video sender. And this was after a *seriously* long time of mucking around with different channels on the devices (router has 10+, sender has 4).

So overall very good, but perhaps not quite as good as a physical link, and maybe a problem if you have a wireless network (it worked fine with my old 11b network). Get it from Argos (£50 at the minute apparently) and you can take it back for a no quibble refund if you have any problems or just don't like the picture.

Cheers

3. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - will give that a try

4. SUPANORM

SUPANORM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once you've got it sorted post back to tell us how you got on, I've got a similar issue here . :thumbsup: