Best way to route sky into 2nd room

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by kriswood5, Nov 2, 2004.

1. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I am getting Sky+ installed next week in a new room which has been converted for home cinema use. However, i would really to receive sky in my lounge where I have it today but only need the one box as i dont need different channels on each TV.

So my question is this, what is the best way to connect this up? Woudl a radio wave TV link be sufficient or am I best to get it professionally wired up?

Also, what is sky eye? Is this a radio wave link or just a way to change channels over a wired up link?

Thanks in advance

Kris

2. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to use a philips video sender. As far as I could tell the quality was very good, and almost as close as the original box. With the IR transmitter included it was very good with remote controls.

But when I upgraded my wireless network to 54g it caused problems with the video sender. Basically I couldn't get all my 11b devices to work with all my 54g devices at the same time as having a completely clean signal from the video sender. And this was after a *seriously* long time of mucking around with different channels on the devices (router has 10+, sender has 4).

So overall very good, but perhaps not quite as good as a physical link, and maybe a problem if you have a wireless network (it worked fine with my old 11b network). Get it from Argos (£50 at the minute apparently) and you can take it back for a no quibble refund if you have any problems or just don't like the picture.

Cheers

3. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - will give that a try

4. SUPANORM

SUPANORM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once you've got it sorted post back to tell us how you got on, I've got a similar issue here . :thumbsup: