Best way to protect my shed roof?

Sandy13

My shed roof is about fifteen square metres in size. It is of green felt. I have made a few phone calls, and the general opinion is, that the only colour for a protective coating is black! can anyone verify that, or did I phone the wrong people?:confused:
We would like to keep it green if possible.

neilmcl

Sandy13 said:
My shed roof is about fifteen square metres in size. It is of green felt. I have made a few phone calls, and the general opinion is, that the only colour for a protective coating is black! can anyone verify that, or did I phone the wrong people?:confused:
We would like to keep it green if possible.
What do you mean by green felt, is it the soft, breathable sort or the tough, grit type. If its the latter then its already designed to be protective. If it isn't that sort the pop into any B&Q and you can pick up a roll in black, green and brown, cut it to length and nail it in place with using short roofing nails.

Joe90sDad

Banned
You probably mean that rubberised coating to repair flat roofs with. Don't bother with that, just re-felt it as already said. It's an easy job.

Sandy13

neilmcl said:
What do you mean by green felt, is it the soft, breathable sort or the tough, grit type. If its the latter then its already designed to be protective. If it isn't that sort the pop into any B&Q and you can pick up a roll in black, green and brown, cut it to length and nail it in place with using short roofing nails.
It's the tough, gritty type. I thought maybe I could extend it's life by giving it a coat of something. It looks Ok. no obvious wear at all, and certainly no leaks.
I've lived here over three years, and I estimate it was about six years before that when it was done.