Best way to prolong battery life on Echo Dot 3rd Generation battery base

silverman166

Standard Member
I've tried in vain to find an answer to my query online so hope someone on the forum here may be able to help.

Whilst the instructions for the D3+ battery base I've bought to give portability to the Echo Dot indicate there is a 'special' chip to prevent overcharging, I'd like to know how best to use it to prolong battery life in the base.

As the battery base relies on using the charger which came with the Echo Dot to charge it's batteries, I assume it is intended to sit the Echo Dot on the charger whilst it is charging and use Alexa if and as required. But whilst the Echo Dot is active, this must also put a drain on the battery and affect the overall charging process. No big deal perhaps?

Is it better to remove the charging lead once the four lights are on, and use the battery base alone to power the Echo, or is it OK just to leave the Echo Dot on the base permanently charging until portability is required, unlike recommendations given elsewhere to prolong battery life for mobile phones etc?

Whilst I can try this myself, does anyone happen to know how long a fully charged base will remain useable without using with the Echo Dot?

Thanks in anticipation.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom