Best way to install Windows 7, clean install or in-place upgrade?

jimbob1010

Established Member
Reaction score
I apologise if this thread has been done before but I am purchasing Windows 7 tomorrow and I am just wondering what is the best way to install Windows 7, is it with a clean install or in-place upgrade??

Clean install all the way mate, just make sure you backup all your data first. Emails, favourites, pictures, documents etc etc.

Will a clean install of Windows 7 still be the best option even though I am currently using Windows Vista??

Use the migration wizard on the 7 install disk to backup all your files and settings, clean install 7 and then import all your files and settings from your backup. Job done.:thumbsup:

Use the migration wizard on the 7 install disk to backup all your files and settings, clean install 7 and then import all your files and settings from your backup. Job done.:thumbsup:
Another big :thumbsup: for the migration wizard, was dubious but it works like a dream, all settings, folder options desktop, bookmarks...etc all set without having to go through them manually which I always found a bug-bear if I re-installed.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom