• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best way to install Windows 7, clean install or in-place upgrade?

jimbob1010

Established Member
I apologise if this thread has been done before but I am purchasing Windows 7 tomorrow and I am just wondering what is the best way to install Windows 7, is it with a clean install or in-place upgrade??

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Clean install all the way mate, just make sure you backup all your data first. Emails, favourites, pictures, documents etc etc.

jimbob1010

Established Member
Will a clean install of Windows 7 still be the best option even though I am currently using Windows Vista??

D

Deleted member 171211

Use the migration wizard on the 7 install disk to backup all your files and settings, clean install 7 and then import all your files and settings from your backup. Job done.:thumbsup:

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Use the migration wizard on the 7 install disk to backup all your files and settings, clean install 7 and then import all your files and settings from your backup. Job done.:thumbsup:
Another big :thumbsup: for the migration wizard, was dubious but it works like a dream, all settings, folder options desktop, bookmarks...etc all set without having to go through them manually which I always found a bug-bear if I re-installed.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom