Best way to get extra port

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by AngloSaxon66, Aug 5, 2012.

1. AngloSaxon66

AngloSaxon66
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently using a BT Home Hub which is located at the other side of the room from my TV/AV setup. Any wires across/around the room are a big no no so when I needed to get BB for Sky Anytime+ I purchased one of these : Tenda W150M. This has worked great with no issues thus far but I have recently purchased a smart TV (delivery tomorrow :clap:) and that leaves me with a problem. The Tenda only has one lan port which is currently being used by Sky so what is the best way to add another port? Do I need to look for another wifi bridge (with more ports) or can I add a switch/splitter to increase the number of ports?

Apologies if this is a bit of a noob question, I have tried to look it up but I just get confused :confused:

Cheers.

2. mickevh

mickevh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,712
    You need a little ethernet switch. Little 4 port 10/100 switches are less that a tenner these days.

Avoid so called "splitters" - these are really cable misers that don't give you any extra ports.

3. AngloSaxon66

AngloSaxon66
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, great, thanks for the reply :thumbsup: