Best way to edit dv.avi?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by the_stalker, Jan 30, 2009.

1. the_stalker

the_stalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

After unsuccessful editing on my pinnacle studio 12 as there is a problem with the menu - which they have not yet fix the problem through patch update.

I've also got Vegas movie studio plat 9 that come with DVD architect studio 4.5.

I notice I can't edit the video in DVD architect studio 4.5 to crop out some unwanted clip. Which is a shame really as the menu work better.

So my option would be to edit my dv.avi file that I copy of the digital 8 tape and crop out unwanted clip and then re-save it without damaging the quality. On that way I can use DVD architect studio 4.5 - instead of rubbish menu on pinnacle studio 12 (even I had ver 9 which work fine but it a shame that I've got vista)

So I asking if possible that I can edit dv.avi file in pinnacle studio 12 or maybe Vegas pl 9 and re-save them in 100% sure of no loss of quality and PCM?

thanks

2. glesgaguyav

glesgaguyav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Yes, just render the file as DV AVI, make sure the output is the same as the input.

3. the_stalker

the_stalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks that help - I just want to be sure before I go ahead.