1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to Connect Yamaha DSP750?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by yeff, May 8, 2005.

1. yeff

yeff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just got this and was wondering what is best way to connect my Dvd & Sky+
    up to this, so that I can use the auto switching, and only use the 1 remote, any help would be great.

My TV only has 2 scarts and an s video connection.

This is way I have connected them but having probs,
    Sky+ & Dvd Player optical lead & s-video into amp, then s-video into TV which is AV3.
    No probs with getting picture from Sky, but when I press DVD button on Yam remote get no picture from Dvd Player only sound, but press DTV button and no probs with Sky!
    Am I connecting them up wrong? bit of a noob with connections

Have just tried connecting the amp to TV with a component/scart cable, but not getting any picture @ all!

2. shortone

shortone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Yeff

From Memory as I am at work.

The amp will output all incoming video signal via the Componet outs on the back marked as Monitor out as this uses the video upgrade function in the AMP.

If you are inputting via S-video and not out putting via the componets then each in-put needs to have its own output.
    On the rear where you have used the input for DVT under there is one for output and the same for Video S-video in S-video Out.

This means you will need both scart scockets on your TV.

I hope 1, I am correct and 2, this helps. If I am incorrect then apologies as I am working.

Regards

Andy

3. yeff

yeff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Andy, I have now connected them to TV this way:
    Sky+ S-Video & optical to amp then S-Video to TV.
    Dvd straight to TV with scart & optical to amp for sound, this will do till can afford new LCD screen :D

THX again for info :smashin:

4. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If the s-video was from the monitor socket on the Yam then it should have worked just fine (if I understood the description). If not, it might be worth checking that there isn't some bizarre menu option mis-set as otherwise there may be an issue with video circuitry in the amp. If you've just got it then it it would be good to know it doesn't have some sort of fault.