1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to Connect Yamaha DSP-AX750?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by yeff, May 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. yeff

yeff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just got this and was wondering what is best way to connect my Dvd & Sky+
    up to this, so that I can use the auto switching, and only use the 1 remote, any help would be great.

My TV only has 2 scarts and an s video connection.

2. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you plan on using the Sky+ Remote alone your plan is already scuppered. I could not get the Yamaha remote to do all the things the Sky+ remote does. It would control all the common functions like volume and channel change but none of the recording or guide functions. Conversely the Sky Remote would do the "basics" on the amp but none of the source switching and such like.

Personally the best picture is gotton by connecting the video sources direct to the TV and only routing the sound to the amp. However I did try a Kameleon 6 in 1 which did both (mostly still some issues with the amp) but the design of the remote meant I hated actually using the thing.

Thr remote that came with my Denon amp is good for the Denon DVD player and my Screen but still does not do Sky+ at all well. I'm rsigned to using 2 remotes for quite a while yet. I've looked at things like the Pronto but they are way over priced for a remote in my book.

3. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
  4. yeff

yeff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is way I have connected them but having probs,
    Sky+ & Dvd Player optical lead & s-video into amp, then s-video into TV which is AV3.
    No probs with getting picture from Sky, but when I press DVD button on Yam remote get no picture from Dvd Player only sound, but press DTV button and no probs with Sky!
    Am I connecting them up wrong? bit of a noob with connections

5. yeff

yeff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just tried connecting the amp to TV with a component/scart cable, but not getting any picture @ all!

6. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Have you set the DVD to output S-Video? I presume it works S-Video direct to the TV.