• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best way to connect tv and PC for gaming

Lum-X

Standard Member
Hello to everybody

I'm looking to connect a Sony KDL-32D3000U with PC and it has 1366 x 768 resulution, 1280x720 is 720p/i it will not be 1;1 resulution so i will loose some quality on display.

if i connect it with HDMI and set to 720p/i i will not have 1;1 resulution

They are sugesting to connet PC and TV with VGA cause it will recognise the native resulution of TV and i will have 1;1 resulution but i'm afraid for quality of picture cause it analog and HDMI is Digital.

what is the best way to connect them in distance of 3m at most.

can you help me please.

Thanks Lum-x
:rolleyes:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Why not try both and see which you prefer? I use VGA with my bedroom LCD as it has 1:1 pixel mapping and I'm more than happy. Just because VGA is analogue doesn't mean it's [email protected]! After all, CRT monitors (better than LCD) used it for years!

onkeh

Prominent Member
Any decent graphics card should be able output 1366x768 1:1 via DVI/HDMI, so I'd definitely do that.

After all, CRT monitors (better than LCD)

Uhh, no. Any flat panel fed a native resolution signal will be better than a tube at any resolution, end of story.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Uhh, no. Any flat panel fed a native resolution signal will be better than a tube at any resolution, end of story.

Well I preferred my trusty (bulky) CRT to my LCD any day. The only reason I don't use it, is it takes up too much room.

Lum-X

Standard Member
I have a Laptop that I want to connect with HDTV and it has HDMI and VGA output , by the way i still use a SONY Trinitron 19inch for my desktop, its perfect but the space.

I would connect TV and laptop with DVI but i don't have it on laptop
When playing games i want to have 1;1 res to have better quality.

Some say it a bit blurry when connected with VGA but i thing it would be good if i connect it with 3m cable not more.:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom