Best way to connect to HD73?

WorldChampionsGoo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much settled on the purchase of the Themescene HD73 and wanted to have this quick question answered.

The HD73 has one DVI input and one HDMI input. I want to connect my SkyHD and Toshiba HDE1 DVD player. What would be the best way?

I believe the Sky has to go through the HDMI - HDMI route, so what for the HD DVD player? Is it best to buy a good quality HDMI cable (the run will be about 10 metres) and have a DVI convertor plugged into the projector? Or, will it be best to purchase a good quality HDMI- DVI cable and plug that straight in?

Any opinions welcome!!

Do you have an AV amp with HDMI inputs/output?

no. I had considered that but not at the moment due to a limited budget.

In that case then the HDMI>HDMI and HDMI>DVI route is the one for you! It doesn't really matter which source is plugged into which cable.

The only alternative is to get an HDMI switcher and plug both sources into that with one HDMI output to the PJ.

In that case then the HDMI>HDMI and HDMI>DVI route is the one for you! It doesn't really matter which source is plugged into which cable.

The only alternative is to get an HDMI switcher and plug both sources into that with one HDMI output to the PJ.

Does a HDMI switcher lose any quality compared to running two cables to the PJ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom