1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect RGB to Panny 100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by realitybites, Jun 25, 2003.

1. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a dvd recorder that only outputs RGB or s-vhs, and a digital cable box that will output either RGB or composite. Ideally I would like to output from dvd to pj with cable linked to dvd with rgb scart. Any ideas as to the best possible way. Also, if anyone can offer advice on the use of a pro v+ or iscan, are any of these a viable worthwhile option given the above will be my primary sources. I have looked through the threads but not seen anything to answer these questions directly. Also I understand the vga input of the panny pj is rgb. Would it be possible with an appropriate lead to output directly from the rgb of the dvd to the vga socket. (forgive my ignorance if this is all basics).
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    I too would like to know how to do this. My cable box outputs composite (not great quality) and RGB. Also, I don't want to spend too much cash.

3. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Unfortunately, the VGA connector on the back of the PJ won't accept a SCART type RGB input, so you'll first need to convert to S-Video using one of these http://www.rgbtosvideo.com/rgb-sv/rgb-circuit.htm. There are numerous threads on this issue if you do a search using "sky rgb ae100"

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    I disagree with gingercat I think you'd be better off with a rgb scart to component converter. There are 3 different types available but sadly the minimum is about £75 for the basic model from lektropacks (who are also the importer into the uk).

The device is made in china.

http://www.cypress.com.tw/product.php?PId=2264&CId=007&CName=Video Processors

I suspect if we could organise some sort of powerbuy we could get these for a fraction of the lektropacks price by ordering internationally as lektropacks are a total rip off and I bet being the exclusive importer doubly so.