1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect PV500, ES10 DVD and SKY+?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sulis, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK, got the 37PV500 coming next week, with free ES10 DVD recorder. At the moment we won't be using an AV amp or separate speakers (give me time to work on the missus), so is the best bet to run RGB scart from SKY+ to the ES10, then component to the PV500? Or is there a way to get a better SKY+ picture?

I know this subject comes up again and again, but trying to find the right info in Search doesn't help much...

Thanks in advance...

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are 2 main options
    Sky+(RGB)>ES10(YUV)>PE50/PV500 best PQ for recording but DVD-R must be one for watching
    Sky+ (S-video)>ES10(YUV)>PE50/PV500 & Sky+(RGB)>PE50/PV500 good recording DVD-R can record analogue while you watch record Sky+ etc more flexible and WAF

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, Horny - PQ is most important for me, so option 1 looks best. JS converters not needed?

On the cable side, I presume it's SKY+ Scart into the ES10 Scart, then Component cables into the PV500 component inputs. The PV500 also has RGB scarts - does this make a difference? I'd rather use component cables as it's a 6-ft run, and will look a lot more attractive...

Lastly, with more thanks for any help available, where's the best place to get decent quality cables from? I've seen Mark Grant mentioned many times, but the website seems fubar'd...