Best way to connect PJ to a DVD player?

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer 646a, and am looking at possibly buying - yes - that panny everyone keeps talking about:D

What kind of image quality could I expect to see? And bearing in mind my PJ is likely to need approx 10m of cable to get to the DVD player.....what should I go for, and how much will it cost?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers
Smurf

I don't really know anything about the Pioneer 646a, but I just upgraded from a standard S-Video out DVD player (Conia m120) to the Philips Q50 (Progress Scan) via component out and the Quality is Awesome !!

I have the AE100 and I am using a 10m Cable. As far as component cables go, I got a price of $270AU here and I ended up buying the Cable and Plugs and putting it together for $78AU.

Good Luck.

Best Regards
Amelia

Can I recommend Lektropacks. They will custom make cables of suitable materials and with high quality interconnects and are reasonably priced. For example, component cable (3xRCA phono > 3 x RCA phono) at 10m cost about £75. No visible degradation of signal going from my Pioneer 737 into my Sony VW10HT.

Try here for your cables, they offer quality at a low price, they can sometimes be slow at delivery, but great value.
I payed about £43 fo a 10 metre run of Van Damme componant cables, they will also make up s-video cables.
Picture quality for the price is very good from the AE100, try to use componant if your player offers it.
Do Not use composite! its pants.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom