Best way to connect my TV/DVDR/Sky & XBOX360 to Logitech Z-5500

GazzaBloom

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box with this kind of thing but I have a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound System arriving tomorrow. What's the best way to connect up the following items to it: -

Samsung LE32R41BDX 32" LCD TV
Thompson Sky Digital box
Sony RDR-HXD860 DVD Recorder
XBOX 360

I currently have the Sky & DVDR connected to TV via scart and the XBOX to the TV via the supplied Microsoft HD lead.

I really want all of the sounds from all devices to route via the Logitech surround system but am not sure of the best way to achieve this. Any help tonight would be appreciated as I want to make a trip first thing in the morning to get the leads I will need.

Thanks

Gary

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you want to connect the audio from the xbox 360,with an optical lead.
the audio from the skybox,with whatever it has,be it optical/coax/plain old red/white phonos.
and lastly the dvd recorder,the same,either digital coax,or optical.
connect all the video outputs into the tv.

pitbull46

Standard Member
I'm not the sharpest tool in the box with this kind of thing but I have a Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound System arriving tomorrow. What's the best way to connect up the following items to it: -

Samsung LE32R41BDX 32" LCD TV
Thompson Sky Digital box
Sony RDR-HXD860 DVD Recorder
XBOX 360

I currently have the Sky & DVDR connected to TV via scart and the XBOX to the TV via the supplied Microsoft HD lead.

I really want all of the sounds from all devices to route via the Logitech surround system but am not sure of the best way to achieve this. Any help tonight would be appreciated as I want to make a trip first thing in the morning to get the leads I will need.

Thanks

Gary

You can't connect the Logitech Z550's to your TV as i have just bought said speakers and now i'm selling them as they can't be connected, my Panasonic 42PZ70BA doesn't have Optical or Digital out and i earlier went to Richer sounds in Watford to buy an amp and was told it would be a conflict with amp as it has it's own power moduel, (the volume LCD thingy).
Iwas hoping to use them on TV as i use a set on my Pc.
If anyone is interested on buying my Speakers i have left a Thread under Sounds Cards, Mics, Headsets & Computer Speakers OK

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom