Best way to connect my sound bar and devices to my LG C8?

dhokes

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently switched from Sky to Virgin Media and I’m now wondering whether I’ve connected my AV devices up the most optimal way and would appreciate some advice please.

I’ve got the following devices.

LG C8 OLED TV - 1 HDMI ARC, 3 HDMI ports
Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar - HDMI - 2 inputs, 1 (ARC) output
Sony UBP-X700 Blu-Ray
Virgin Media TV 360 box

The way I’ve currently set it up is that I’ve got the Sony soundbar connected to my LG C8 via. the tv’s HDMI ARC port. And I’ve connected the Virgin box and the blu ray player to the soundbar. Is that how you’d set it up or would you connect them another way?

Issue: I use to be able to turn the TV and the soundbar on and off with the Sky remote control however I can’t seem to do that with the Virgin Media remote control. Is that do-able and if so, how?

HDMI CEC control... Look at what the VM box supports and ensure you have enabled.
LG call it SimpLink
Sony call it Bravia Sync

Google tells me VM call it OnePower :rolleyes: {you couldn't make it up or be more confusing could you VM?)

HDMI CEC don't always work well when brands are mixed (nor even if the same brand in some cases).

Personally I'd connect VM to the LG direct and ARC the audio to soundbar, but it might work as connected?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom