1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect HCPC to Projector

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dinoprada2003, Jul 7, 2004.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +241
    Hello

Im a newbie to the wonders of home-cinema so I could really appreciate some advice.I want to build and connect my HCPC' to my SVGA projector but im unsure as to what is the best way of doing this in terms of picture qulatiy?

1.)The graphics card I will be buying has SVGA out and DVI out which one should I use to connect it to my Infocus DLP projector?

2.)Also im hoping to celing mount the projector at a latter date it will be a few metres away from the pc' and the projector so where can I buy a lead that will reach? most SVGA leads are quite short.

3.)Also what is the essential hardware and software to have for my HCPC'
    Below is expected pc' specs

Athlon 2600
    512mb Corsair 3200 DDR
    160gig IBM 7200 2mb Ata 133 hard-disk
    Asus gforce 5700 256ddr DVI+Tv Out
    Maudio 7.1 Soundcard
    Sony DVD-CDR-CDROM 16x32x52

Cheers to all who reply.

DINO. :thumbsup:

2. Yandros

Yandros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    DVI is the best option, but the maximum recommended length is 7.5m (some people get away with 10m if they're lucky). You can get vga cables of a similar length or even longer(we've got an enormous vga extension at work and to be honest I can't see any signal degradation).

As for software, Theatertek seems to be the player of choice, with a few other apps to tweak the resolution and filters (I'll let the TT experts fill you in on that).

As for hardware, the only thing I'd recommend is as much low noise kit as you can manage. How noisy is that 5700? You might want to consider a fanless video card and low noise case fans/PSU if you don't have them already.