1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to connect from AV amp to TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Fatman, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Fatman

Fatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the best way to connect my AV-amp (Denon AVR-1905) to my TV (Sony KV32FQ86)? As I understand it the 'best' output of the Denon is component (Y, Cb, Cr) and the TV's is RGB (vis scart connector). Is it possible to use the component output or must I use S-Video? I'm assuming that both have neat component/S-Video to scart convertors.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there is no need to connect amp to TV unless it is used for video switching (your TV will accept component if it has a component input conversion is possible but not reconmended) connect Video sources direct to TV using RGB SCART may nee to hook the denon up if it has an OSD for setup but composite will be fine...

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I read your thread in the amplifier section.

As hornydragon says there is no need to route your video through the amp unless you have to as you are just introducing an uneccesary link into the video chain which cannot possibly improve the quality of the picture but can (and does on many amps) reduce the quality.

4. Fatman

Fatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice guys. No, I don't *need* to switch video with the AV amp so I probably won't do so. The question was really out of interest since I'm rather new to AV terminology and standards etc so simply wondering what would be the best solution.